Monday, April 21, 2008

Ooooh Weldy!

Alright a quick note. This weekend the weather finally gave way to decent and I got out into the garage and the yard. Tonia was, as always, working in the bathroom trying to get the 30+ year old shower plumbing apart. Jordan and I were in the yard spreading some grass patch and raking up old dead grass. I have to admit that I truly hate yard work. I love trees and grass, and I don't mind mowing, but I hate the bull a guy has to do to try and keep the grass green. Whenever someone decided what a lawn should be they should have picked crab grass or dandelions. Those grow with no problem.

Anyway, I decided on Sunday to break out the welder I received from my wonderful folks for Christmas. It is a very compact and handy unit that is pretty much dummy proof. It's only 110v so I can plug it in wherever and weld away.

That's the little Hobart on the left. Tonia decided she wanted a new piece of modern art for our guest bathroom so she commissioned me to make a small bowl shaped candle-holder out of washers. Note the shoes, Heathrow, even awesome for welding as well as walking. Still rockin' the Airwalks!
I, of course, felt that there was a slightly better use for the item. Am I wrong? I don't think so. After the welding was done Tonia gave it a quick aged spray paint job and here is the final product.

It's not perfect, but it turned out pretty neat. Because of my first time success with welding I think my next job will be the Litchuania line of bike frames. I'm sure I could get Lemond to put his name on them. Here's what I'm thinking...

Ooohhh Cha!! I'm on it!

5 comments:

Simmons said...

You should make two of those and wear them at Afton this year :)

We should try and get out for a ride this weekend.

Brian said...

I'll take one of those Litchuania frames. Get that lil Hobart fired up! :)

tonia said...

You are so creative... Jack-of-all trades!
I'm with Dave, ride Afton with the washer armor and get on that Litchuania bike!

Heathrow's World said...

I'm seeing future Christmas presents for me in the works :)

Cycling Scribe said...

Dave- I think a ride might be a little sketchy this weekend how about next?

Heathrow- let me know what your thinking and I'm on it.