Sunday, February 3, 2008

The beginning

So here it is.  I've decided to start this blog for several reasons.  First and foremost, I suck and e-mailing, writing letters, and calling people.  So I feel this will be a good way to let people know what is going on in my and Tonia's life.  

Secondly, inspired by Fat Cyclist, I feel that I can use this blog to help motivate me to do things in my life I've been procrastinating on.  Things like writing everyday.  Submitting my short stories. And trying to loose weight.  So I figure if I'm putting these things out there perhaps I will be more motivated to work on them.  Even as I type this I'd like nothing more then to delete this paragraph, remove the little box from the top left corner of the page and go watch TV.  So now that you've been given the reasons heres where we are.

First of all, Tonia has leapt into the remodel of the master bath with vigor.  Last weekend we went to Menards and dropped some serious cash buying all of the special order material for it.  Yesterday we used my new grinder and cut the shower stall into dusty razor sharp pieces of fiberglass and hauled it out.  A note on using a grinder to cut fiberglass:  I would say it has to be the quickest and easiest way to do it, however the dust storm in that little bathroom was fantastic and the odor was mind-numbing; if you can avoid doing it this way, I wouldn't suggest it.   There is a lot to do and Tonia is under a lot of pressure from me to do it.  I like the master bath, it's handy.  I'll be posting some pics of the destruction and construction as it moves forward.

As far as writing and submitting go... I've been on a roll writing my novel.  This is the third or forth one I've started in my life, but so far this one has the most steam behind it.  I've gotten into the habit of getting up early everyday and going to my neighborhood Caribou Coffee and writing.  I've been averaging about 1200 words a day.  This morning I checked and I just passed the 46000 word mark.  The novel is about half way along with a lot still up in my head trying to get out.  I've nearly been late for work a couple times these last couple weeks trying to finish a chapter before loosing where I was going.

As far as submitting goes I've three stories out for consideration right now, but I need to get more out there.  I've got a couple that I need to do rewrites on and still a couple to edit, but editing is my least favorite part of writing.  I would like to take this opportunity to thank my editors:  Dick for finding all of my grammar issues (of which I'm sure this blog has plenty) Alane and Justin for the content editing and Brian for giving me no feedback whatsoever.

On the final note of weight loss.  This is of course my least favorite part to write about and my least favorite part to work on.  I'm doing pretty good working at my core everyday, but I'm only getting on the trainer about three times a week.  I still eat pretty good, but I allow myself a few more cheats than I should.  I need to motivate myself, because fat Trent is alway in there telling me to go to the DQ or to indulge in the Happy Joe's Pizza Buffet.  I'm up from my lowest weight ever of 232 and am sitting at about 242 right now.  I need to work on it, I know.  I'd like to be a stronger rider this summer so I can make up for last years dismal 24-9 performance.

Next weekend Tonia and I are going out to Brian and Heathers to wire their basement and go see Body Worlds.  I, hopefully, will continue writing in the mornings while I'm there.  

5 comments:

Brian said...

Welcome to the world of blogging Trent!

:)

Heathrow's World said...

yay Trenty!

Anonymous said...

Great start, Trent! We all need motivation and I hope that this blog will help you reach goals; beyond the walls of our torn up house. But, I'm procrastinating right now, so I'm going to go move some plumbing.

Too bad you didn't get a pic of old lady Tonia caught in a dust storm for posting. :)

Anonymous said...

All right Trent, keep the motivation going and update more than Brian.

Justin Fox said...

Trent,

Lets Date.

Fox