Monday, February 11, 2008

Why does Wisconsin Hate the Litchy's?

Little Mario

What a crazy and busy week. Goals on Tonia's side were far from met. However, being drawn in a hundred directions make home improvement slow work. With the goal of having the first layer of concrete down in her tile shower base before we left for Brian and Heather's house we started strong enough. I got the old tub drain cut out while Tonia cut and installed a second layer of sub-floor. She installed the new drain and I tore out some unneeded studs.




That, sadly, was where it ended. Tonia, being the interior designer for her office as well as general all around maintenance gal, was called in to paint the new office. After that because Mario in his bi-annual shedding, we had to take him to Shaggy's Dog Wash where we scrubbed out a good-sized chihuahua's worth of hair.



After that it was a long drive and a short visit to the Abrahams in Wisco. As always we encountered weather as soon as we got across the border. Wet snow and fast dropping temps made the road treacherous and slow. This happens every time we go into the cheese state. Watching cars fishtail and seeing them in the ditch we slowed down and made it through. Wisconsin fails to destroy us again. Or does it?

After seeing Body Worlds and wiring the Abraham basement Mario started getting sick. He threw up on the Abraham's rugs, sorry about that, and he broke out in hives and stopped doing anything at all. We left on Sunday and he was still under the weather; the poor little fella slept all the way home to Fargo. Today I took him to the Vet since I'm a nervous dad and he hadn't eaten since Saturday. He had a temp of 105 and they did blood work and are keeping him over night. Happily they called and said the antibiotics seem to be working and he ate some food so he should be able to come home tomorrow. Wisconsin will not be happy until it destroys the Litchy's one at a time!

On other notes, because of the busy week I only got on the trainer a couple times and managed somehow to gain a pound. I can't understand how seeing as I ate like I always do and did no exercise. It will be a mystery forever.

Writing on the other hand I am doing quite well. As it shows on the left, I was just shy of 10,000 words this week. Even in Wisco I braved the horrible drivers and icy roads and wrote at the Beans 'n Cream coffee house in the early mornings. It is a very nice establishment with some delicious Joe and excellent decor. As of right now the novel is past its half way mark, but not by much. The book is sitting at 56,028 and there is a lot left to be said. I've been working my life around writing it and intend to continue.

That is about it this week... I leave you with the results of the Photobooth on Tonia's Mac.

What can two talented women do with a high-end design computer and time on their hands??


Oh and by the way I'd love to date you Foxy, as long as you take me to the prom.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Poor little Mario. I hope he is feeling better!

Heathrow's World said...

Nice job on the bathroom guys! Mario feel better soon!
Thanks for all the basement help!

Cycling Scribe said...

Thanks for all the well wishes Mario is feeling better.