Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Nation of Procrastination



So here we are with two weeks past and the bathroom has progressed slowly.  Tonia was able to do her water test and the first layer of the shower does not leak.  So that is a success.  Today Tonia has been adding in walls and some of the other touches she needs to get done before we mix and pour the next layer of mortar in the shower.

I would like to put more pictures in this posting, but that leads me to the real reason why I have not updated more recently.  When we purchased the new Mac we bought a wireless router.  That wireless router as sense connected all of our PC's to the internet.  So being a wanna be nerd I said, "Hey, that would be great if I turned my PC into a server and Jordan and Tonia's computers could file share with that and use both the printers."  So I went to work on it and at first it worked like a champ.  The key words being "At First". 

Now I'm going to through some back story in.  You see, Mac's are so intuitive to the needs of the user that when loading pictures onto the Mac the Mac automatically shows them how you would want to see them.  However, they are not actually flipped.  So, when I load the pics from the Mac onto the Blog the pics show as they actually are, on their side.  Because of all of this I said, "Say, since my wireless network is such a champ, I'll download the camera onto the PC and load grab the pics through the network."  Well of course that has yet to work again for me.  Now I know I could just post from the PC or add the pics from the PC into the blog as I need them, but darn it I'm like a dog with a bone on this one.  I know it should work this way, so of course I will not let it go until I get it.  So, long story longer, I have spent any time I should be updating the blog, I've spent it fighting the wireless network.

On another note Mario is getting better.  He was given four different medications from the vet.
He's pretty much convinced that everyday is a treat day because the meds are wrapped in cheese and they are so delish!  His hives are now just scabbs and are starting to fall off so that's kind of gross.  He's still a little listless, but he always was a little listless.  The meds make him thirsty all the time and have made him have to pee a lot more as well.

I am still writing at Caribou every morning and thanks to Jordan's need to go see a thrash metal band at the Red Raven Expresso house I was able to write over 3000 words on Saturday.  I've been keeping up pretty good numbers, though I've been lazy about posting them here.  The novel is just over 73,000 words now and still going strong, though there are a few characters that have been running off and doing unexpected things so we'll see where all of that leads. 
 
Hopefully, next week I'll have progress on the bathroom to report as well as a working networks and an additional 10,000 words on the novel.  Oh, and since I've received another rejection letter via e-mail that means I have only two short stories out for publication and I need to get back to editing and spending copious amounts of time on Duotropes and send out some more tales.  Perhaps I will even listen to Brian and try sending 'On Your Left' to Dirtrag.  We'll see.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did read your blog and it is nice because I learn things that perhaps we don't think to talk about when we are on the phone.
I am glad Mario is feeling better. Poor Doggy. Please
feel free to send me short stories to look at. I always love to read what you write.

Brian said...

Your wireless network is just a big debagle!

ok...I've probably used that word too many times in comments now. I better stop. :)

Simmons said...

Great blog Trent! I never knew that you were a writer. Keep it up! I think I will take a year off of blogging and just comment on yours. Yeah, that sounds like a great idea.

Come on spring! Maplelag training rides are right around the corner :)

Cycling Scribe said...

Holy Cow! Dave is still alive! I'm so glad to hear from you. I am standing in my full Brown Bear garb standing in the living room for at least four hours every day. Really it's a big debagle.

Anonymous said...

Hey I did manage to find it. haha. wow, you sure have a tendancy to jump around on your blogs. Ha, I guess when I write I just keep to a topic. koolio though.